Thursday, May 26, 2022

You Put the Sun in Sunshine

For our latest Tic Tac Toe Challenge #163 created by Design Team member Silke, I tried out my new, long awaited Gladys die set!!! I've wanted her forEVER and finally decided to make the purchase!! I looked it up and learned that flamingos are wading birds, so I made believe that Gladys and her little ones are walking/wading on the winding shore. From our board I decided to use the first column: Sun, Birds, Thank You. I am also entering my card in some other challenges below where Gladys fits the theme/inspiration this week!





I happened to see this amazing stair step card recently by @itsacardknocklife on Instagram. Isn't it cool?!! I thought it would showcase Gladys well.



I searched for a tutorial and used this 5" x 7" size card by Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Craft here and then got busy decorating the card base. I added a little ink blended shading along the edges of the flamingos. The only "tricky" thing I did was use washi tape to extend the run's rays longer/higher for stenciling in order to fit the card panel.


Products I used: 

Sizzix/ Tim Holtz: Gladys die set

Poppy Stamps: Whittle Flamingo die set

Simon Says Stamp: Drifting Stitches Borders (stitched waves)

Stampin' Up!: Beach Happy Stamp Set (Sentiment)

My Favorite Things: Beach Cutie (sentiment)

Tim Holtz: Sun stencil

Distress Oxide Inks

Blending Brushes

I also decided to enter it at Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies here,  Time Out Challenges #214 Word Prompt: Sunshine, as well as the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge here.




We hope you will join us this week with this very original, fun board!

-Carol



9 comments:

Nancy said...

This card is as fabulous as can be and it's a shame you didn't share it other places! It is a work of art! Outstanding!

Carol said...

I just did! Thanks Nancy!!!!

Kim Heggins said...

This is absolutely fabulous...just love your sweet flamingo and your card with all those folds is fabulous. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

Carol said...

Thanks so much Kim!

Nonni said...

Such a fun card! I love the folds, they really showcase those stunning flamingo dies. Great background work too. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Silke Ledlow said...

Love these fun flamingo's ....so Floridian! Your second card is beautiful too!

Quillish said...

Such beautiful cards! Love the flamingo against the gorgeous sky that you made! Perfect card for our inspired by words challenge. Thank you for taking Time out. Hugs ~ Ishani

Carol said...

Thanks every one! I made a change so that everyone can comment, but now I can't comment individually. Working on it!

Susan Renshaw said...

Great card, love that flamingo die.
Thanks for sharing with the Happy Little Stampers!