Saturday, May 7, 2022

You Make Me Smile

This week at Just Us Girls Challenge #631 it is Word Week: Flowers! It was time to use my new My Favorite Things Harmonious Hibiscus background stamp. I was a bit intimidated knowing I could not miss any spots when inking up such a big stamp.




I held my breath and stamped the floral background on the front of a white, A2 card base by inking up the stamp and pressing the card against it, rubbing it carefully so the whole stamp came into contact with the paper. It is possible to move the card or miss a spot and have to start all over, but neither of those fears materialized! I stamped one flower again on another piece of white card stock and first ink blended some purple on it, then finished it with colored pencils. I fussy cut it, then stamped my sentiment and cut out the banner by hand in both white and black. I popped up both the sentiment and the flower on foam tape.

Products I used:

My Favorite Things: Harmonious Hibiscus

Simon Says Stamp: Intense Black Ink

Pretty Pink Posh: sentiment

Catherine Pooler: Queen for a Day ink pad

Prismacolor: colored pencils

Foam tape

We hope you will get out your flower stamps and join us this week. Check out all the great ideas that the design team came up with by clicking on their names under their pictures. I learn new techniques every week by reading their blog posts!

See you soon, 

-Carol




  

17 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do adore pop of color cards! This turned out awesome

Carol said...

Thanks Vicki!

Deborah Wheeler said...

Love that spotlight on your flower - it's beautiful

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunner Carol! The colouring on your spotlighted flower is so pretty and delicate and it looks beautiful among the black and white ones. A fabulous stamp too... might have to go on my must have list!! Vicky x

cm said...

WOW! Gorgeous! Glad that the background worked with one shot and the pop-of-colour, fussy cut flower just adds so much impact! LOVE this!
hugs~carol

Johanna said...

The end result is gorgeous and that pop of colour is perfection.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a beauty! I love the black and white background paired with that beautiful, perfectly colored bloom and sentiment banner!

Bobby said...

This is such a dramatic card design, Carol. The colored flower is gorgeous and a standout against the black and white.

Nancy said...

I like the direction you took with your card this week. I love mostly black and white cards with a pop of color. They make such a statement. Well done!

Ina G said...

Spectacular blending Carol and what a beautiful result you got here. I sooooooo love the colour and beautiful stamped background making that flower pop.

Carol said...

Thank you!

Carol said...

Thanks VIcky!

Carol said...

Thanks Johanna!

Carol said...

Thanks Sue!

Carol said...

Thanks Bobby!

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh my goodness, this is gorgeous! That flower is so flowy (is that a word?) and I love how you stamped it in black and just colored one flower. Just stunning!