Thursday, April 14, 2022

Thank You

The Tic Tac Toe ChallengeTic Tac Toe Challenge #157 has a new board and I was inspired to make this ombré textured card by the bottom row across: Background stamp/die, Ombré, Vellum.






My first idea was to cut white card stock with this die and adhere it all white with no missing pieces to the front of the card base. Then as I pulled it off the cutting plate, some of the inner die cuts stuck and I thought I could ink blend some of them to form an overall ombré effect. Then, I figured out, duh, that I needed to ink blend a whole panel, light to dark and put it behind the original white die cut panel with some of the inner die cuts missing. So that's what I did. Next I grabbed some pale aqua vellum and heat embossed my flower with white embossing powder. I fussy cut it and attached it to the card with glue dots that I rolled between my fingers to be narrow little "tubes" instead of leaving them flat and round so they wouldn't show behind the embossed lines of the flower. I didn't like the pattern of the background die cut showing behind the flower, so I made a banner with the sentiment to distract from/cover it. I decided to add sequins to the card and flower center for sparkle and I curled up some of the flower petals with my fingers.

We hope you will join us with this fun board this week! Check out all of the other designs by the team by going to their blogs to read their how-to descriptions.

Products used:

Stampin' Up!: inks and Blended Bloom stamp

Sequins: Buttons Galore Seaside Holiday

Papertrey Ink: Quatrefoil die

JudiKins: Opaque white embossing powder

Stampabilities: Thank You die


Hope to see you back here soon,

-Carol

No comments: