Thursday, March 10, 2022

St. Patrick's Day

Spring sure has a lot of fun holidays, doesn't it? Needing a St. Patrick's Day card and wanting to join Color Hues Color Challenge's current Green and Gold theme, I played around with some green and gold papers and this is what I ended up with! I am sharing this with The Four Seasons Challenge here and Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes With Dies here.









Products I used:

Stampin' Up!: Scallops embossing folder

Sugar Pea Designs: Card Front Element Builder dies

Lucky die (not sure of origin)

Circle punch

Patterned paper

Super easy...even though I don't own the geometric dies that cut these shapes! I die cut three sentiments and glued them together to make the word sturdier and stand out. I punched two of each green circle too, in order to have them stand out as well. I cut out two plaid circles and cut one in half and the other into quarters, then adhered them to the green circles to make the pattern I wanted. I used my scalloped embossing folder for the background to have similar rounded shapes on it.

Check out Color Hues for the #cardsforukraine in the same challenge as this one and use that hashtag so the Ukrainian colors can be seen across the internet showing our support to them.

-Carol

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Carol, I love how this turned out and that lucky die has a lovely font and looks great in gold! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues for our Green and Gold challenge.

Kristie Goulet said...

I love this so much! The lucky die looks amazing in gold! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Darlene said...

A simple yet BEAUTIFUL design Carol!! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Carol said...

Thanks Nancy!

Carol said...

Thank you Kristie!

Carol said...

Thank you Darlene!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a FUN card! Love the GREEN and fabulous clean design! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Color Hues Challenge!

Karen said...

Saw this and loved it on IG, but it's even better here on the blog! I love the white on white scallops in the background, and the bold green circles make the gold sentiment pop! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lisa Petrella said...

Such an awesome design!!! It's creates a fun illusion. Definitely want to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration and congrats on your win over at Color Hues!!!