Sunday, October 17, 2021

Season of Friendship

This week the Color Throwdown Challenge CTD664 is turquoise, brown, kraft and white, and right away I imagined fall leaves when I saw the colors. Here is my card for their challenge.




I first chose my cardstock colors then grabbed two of my favorite leaf stamps, the larger one from Magenta and the smaller from Rubber Stamps of America. I stamped them with GinaK Premium Dye Ink in Charcoal Brown, then fussy cut each one. I decided I wanted to make the front of the card narrower and have the leaves sit along that edge...and I planned on sewing them down the middle with my sewing machine, but chickened out on the latter. First, I ink blended Stampin' Up! Bermuda Bay ink lightly along the edge of the card front to give a little background. I played with placement of the leaves and glued them down partially so they looked like they landed there and the edges weren't completely flat. Then the white space on the inside back of the card looked super white, so I decided to lightly ink blend there too with Bermuda Bay. I grabbed the sentiment from an old Stampin' Up! set called Season of Friendship and stamped it in the same GinaK brown ink.

Hope your fall is treating you well...it is still 90 degrees here in Florida! But our humidity and temps will become mild in the coming weeks and it will be sooooooo nice until late spring! 

See you back here soon,

-Carol

No comments: