Thursday, October 14, 2021

Eat, Drink and Be Scary

This week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge #135 board here is up and waiting for people to play along with us! I decided to make a tag by going diagonally from the bottom left square up to the top right square on the tic tac toe board: black, orange, purple. I figured I could make some Halloween cookies and deliver them to a friend with this tag attached.




I used black embossing powder to heat emboss my ghost (from Stampa Barbara) onto a sparkle vellum tag that I cut with Stampin' Up! Banner Framelits dies. I cut two more tags from patterned paper using a banner die that is one size larger than the vellum one. I embellished all three with stamping (MFT Primitive Pumpkin sentiment on the orange tag), black glitter cardstock and sequins. I decided to add a little tag on the vellum one and stamped it using the Stampin' Up! Eat, Drink and Be Scary stamp set (old) and matted it with black glitter cardstock. I cut a scalloped eyelet embellishment to decorate where my black velvet ribbon would tie and held the ribbon in place with orange and purple baker's twine.

Come join us this week!

P.S. I made the Halloween table runner several years ago with a fun fabric charm pack from Sweetwater called The Boo Crew. Here's the tutorial for this quick project! I love getting it out every year! 

-Carol


2 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Carol... you are inspiring me to get into "tag" season. This one is a cutie. So many are needed for Christmas! Thanks ever so much for inviting me to be GD this week.

Carol said...

Thank you Elizabeth! And you are someone who inspires me all the time!!!