Monday, August 23, 2021

You Go "Ghoul"

Although I wasn't quite ready for fall themed cards, the challenges are starting to be about it so here I am with a card for Waffle Flower Challenge #2108 Week 3 Unexpected Shaker Elements. I have these googly eyes around for all sorts of projects and know that they make Halloween creatures funnier, so here you go! This is a mini slimline card.







After I thought of the googly eyes, I grabbed patterned papers for Halloween and the Stampin' Up! set called Spooky Bingo Bits.  I love this skeleton's eyes and thought he was the perfect guy for my shaker. I used two My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Circle dies to create the shaker using glitter paper, acetate and fun foam. The FUN began when I got out my Waffle Flower Go Girl stamp set and inked up different words and letters to form my sentiment. ("Ghoul" came from the word "enough" by first inking up the "gh" followed by the "ou" and then the "l" from the word "beautiful.") I like the sparkle of the black glitter paper so I used it not only on the shaker but as strips on the card front. I like fun, not scary Halloween stuff and I think this card fits my taste. I die cut the banner (SU Bitty Banners Framelits) around the sentiment, then ink blended distress ink on it to add color.

Check out the #wfchallenge2108 on Facebook and Instagram for great shaker ideas. I did! I'm always looking for new ideas for shakers! I love interactive cards.

-Carol


3 comments:

Darnell said...

Ghoul, you rocked this shaker card filled with googly eyes! I absolutely love it and love how you brought together all the elements of color, patterns, and stamps to make a delightful Halloween card. A perfect make for the WF August challenge! Hugs, Darnell

Carol said...

Darnell,
Your comments are always so nice and make my day!

Kinjal Trivedi said...

Oh, this is just so funny and adorable! I can't stop staring at those eyes!