Thursday, July 1, 2021

I've Got Your Back

The Card Concept #158 Long Summer Days had my name written all over it. I live near the beautiful aqua colored Gulf of Mexico and I'd like to think that my little sea birds are wading in the surf as night is falling on a long day at the beach, carefully navigating the rows of waves as they roll into the shore. Momma has baby on her back to keep it safe. I call the style of my card Clean and Layered. I was inspired by the challenge photo because of the aqua items and the grey of the tiered tray, but more obviously the beach themed objects were why I grabbed the "sea" bird stamps and this "wavy" patterned paper.

I also noticed that the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes. The card actually started first with the patterned paper. Isn't that the tail wagging the dog? I then got out  everything that color-matched the paper and stamped this card with the adorable Simon Says Stamp Stacking Animals stamp set. I also grabbed some random cardstock that is dark grey with glittery speckles in it because the sand on the beach has those same speckles!







I happened to see a video for a card style that I haven't made in a long time. Here is the tutorial: Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Such a cute card! (Mine is oriented sideways due to the size of the cardstock piece I had left.) I used Simon Says Stamp Intense Black Ink to stamp the birds and Prismacolor pencils to color their beaks. I fussy cut them (because I haven't bought the dies yet!) and decided to stamp the sentiment over to the right with the same black ink. I tied some older (hoarded) "wavy" aqua ribbon from SU! and the card is done!

It's a fairly quick card and it leaves you lots of writing space inside! I hope you try this card style...any tag punch should do!

Hope to see you back here soon,

-Carol

3 comments:

Cat said...

Love your Wavy card! The papers are perfect - and those birds? So cute! TFS!

Kate said...

I love the colours you've chosen and those two adorable birds (?)! And what a great way to include your sentiment on the front when the patterned paper is too busy to stamp on - have to remember this!

Julie Gearinger said...

This is adorable! Love the tag closure, the designer papers and those fun birds! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept and we hope you will join us again soon!