It's a new challenge at Time Out Challenge #320 and we have a beautiful photo from teammate Katherine of architect Antoni GaudÃ's Basilica Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain. I decided to take the idea of bright colors seen through a window. Stop by all of the team's blogs to read how they made their cards as well as that of our Guest Designer Jane Taylor of Purplejet!
Here's what I used to make my card:
- Spellfbinders Vista View Window dies
- Lawn Fawn woodgrain card stock
- La La Land Summer Vacation Paper Pack
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology sentiment strips
I die cut three windows to stack for dimension. I skipped the acetate this time because it is so hard to photograph! I traced the window perimeter on the scene I chose, then fussy cut it to fit behind the panes. The view has many of the same colors as the photo but is tropical instead of stained glass.
I wanted to add texture to the "walls" surrounding the indoor windows, so I chose the woodgrain card stock. Then I chose a sentiment and liked this one with "scenic" in it!
Our wonderful sponsor is Top Flight Stamps, generously offering a $25 store credit as a prize for our Challenge Winner, who will also get an invitation to join us as Guest Designer for a future challenge.

We anticipate a beautifully colorful gallery this round and can't wait to see what you create! Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

Such a clever twist on the inspiration photo Carol.- love it! Great sentiment too! Hugs, Kate!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Kate!
ReplyDeleteOK... so... that's one La-La-Land paper pack I don't have. I think I need to fix that issue:-). Gorgeous use of the paper with one of my favorite window dies. Such a stunning card
ReplyDeletehugs
jaydee
Thank you so much Jaydee!!!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully done, Carol! This is marvelous!
ReplyDeleteOk, this looks absolutely fantastic! My jaw hit the floor!!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
ReplyDeleteI love this super fun and very eye-catching take on the stained glass windows Carol! Your beautiful colours really make a striking scene outside the window! I just love the magical skies at sunset! I hope you have a lovely day! :)
ReplyDelete